Tuesday 13 May 2008

Blog Off!

Have you ever noticed how easy it is to read other people's blogs instead of updating your own blogs?

Well, I'm not really into blogging meself, but I did kind of start ranting and raving about five or six years ago on my own website. I'm not sure when blogging became blogging, as I wasn't aware of it back whenever it became blogging as having its own name.

Of course everybody is into some form of blogging or other. But as you know, either from other bloggers or your selves, it just ain't easy to keep things going.

I don't know about you, but I get lazy, and not just with my blogging escapes of old -- I get lazy with just about everything I do. Maybe I get bored too easily, or maybe I have too many things that I have more than a passing interest in.

But here's something that you can all try. Like me, you may be members of more than a few forums, and are kind of blogging in more ways than you thought.

How about you and your friends simply post your blog names and group them in one place on your own forums. These will turn out to be your own little favourite hidaways or blogs, and in that way you'll have easy access to them.

It might also be an idea to post a title of your latest blog and also a small description. That in itself may either add to the forum's popularity, and or, help you to blog a little more often, maybe?

I suppose the only downside that I can see is that your fellow forum friends might get to read a side of you that they might not like. But hey, we're all human after all. Well, most of are (from-time-to-time), anyhow.

Not only will this help you to regularly visit your group of friends' blogs, but it may even re-ignite that old blogging flame in you.

Incidentally, this is an idea I've applied (or, rather the idea of) to a forum that I seem to be quite nuts about. Ok, so what if there are only a handful of us peeps posting stuff about books, and, err, more books. :D

So, if anyone (or two of you) want to have a peek... It is here...

http://burningforbooks.createforum.net/index.php

6 comments:

LL said...

Well... itsa fara crya froma youra olda bloga, but itsa gooda starta...

MacRankin said...

Hey, this is a nice surprise :) Thanks for calling round there LL. 8-)

I suppose I'll be able to rant and rave a little more freely, without further damaging my original site, though at the moment those goods are well and truly damaged. :lol:

tiff said...

I belong to no forums.

Obviously, I'm doing this all wrong!

MacRankin said...

Yes, you are. :lol:

No, no one is suggesting that anyone should belong to a forum, and to be honest I tip my hat to you for not doing so.

I wish I had the will not to belong to any forum myself, but that's just not me.

LL said...

Bah... Tiff doesn't need to belong to a forum because everyone already wants to be in her inner circle anyway!

MacRankin said...

Blimey, she must have a big inner circle. :lol: